Corn chaat | Masala Corn | spicy sweet corn chaat
Corn chaat | Masala Corn | spicy sweet corn chaat is common street food in india and is mainly served outside huge shopping malls or cinema theatre’s. these day’s the simple masala corn can be served in many flavours with different types of sauces like peri peri, sweet chilli and others.(Source : Wikipedia)
- Prep time : 10 minutes
- Cook time : 15-20 minutes
- Serve : 2
for cooking corn :
- Corn cob : 1 medium or large
- Water for boiling corn : 1.5 cups
- Salt : 1/4 teaspoon
for corn chat :
- Onion (finely chopped) : 1 small
- Tomato (finely chopped) : 1 medium
- Green chili(finely chopped) : 1 or 2
- Coriander leaves : 1 tsp
- Red chili powder : 1/4 teaspoon
- Chat masala powder : 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice : 1 or 2 teaspoon
- Salt to test
for garnishing :
- Sev : 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves
- Boil the corn cob.
- When the corn cob becomes warm or cools down, then remove the corn kernels with a knife.
- Mix the corn kernels, onion, tomato, green chili, coriander, red chili powder, chat masala powder, lemon juice and salt in a bowl.
- Adjust salt or chat masala or lemon juice if required.
- Serve the corn chaat immediately in a plate or bowl topped with sev and coriander.