Tomato Vermicelli Soup
The all time favorite tomato soup is now made simple and quick to prepare with this easy tomato soup recipe. The thick, tangy and healthy tomato soup is best enjoyed with toasted toast and a dash of coriander leaves.
- Prep time : 10 minutes
- Cook time : 15 minutes
- Serve : 3
- Tomato(chopped) : 3/4 cup,
- Vermicelli,broken into pieces : 1/4 cup,
- Oil : 1 tbsp,
- Garlic(chopped) : 2 tsp,
- Onions (finely chopped) : 2 tbsp,
- Tomato puree : 1 tbsp,
- Warm Water : 1/2 cup,
- Salt to test,
- Black pepper powder : 1/4 tsp,
- Fresh cream : 1 tbsp
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a broad non-stick pan and add garlic cloves and chopped onions. Saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes and again saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add tomato puree and Warm Water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, allow to cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Pour the mixture back into the same pan, add vermicelli, salt and pepper.
- Now mix it well by stirring occasionally.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes on a medium flame or till the vermicelli is cooked.
- Add cream and mix well.
- Serve hot.